Washington Gunman Recently Told Cops He Was Being Bombarded By Microwave Signals That Kept Him Awake At Night

Six weeks before going on a killing spree at the Washington Navy Yard, Aaron Alexis told Rhode Island police that he was being followed by individuals who were using a "microwave machine" to send vibrations into his body that kept him from falling asleep, according to a bizarre police report.

On August 7, Alexis summoned Newport cops to a Marriott hotel where he was staying. During a 6:30 AM interview, the 34-year-old--who said he was a "naval contractor" who traveled often--told officers that voices were harassing him through a hotel wall, adding that he was fearful he could be harmed.

Alexis explained to police that he had previously gotten into an argument prior to boarding a plane in Virginia, and believed that the person with whom he quarreled had dispatched three individuals “to follow him and keep him awake by talking to him and sending vibrations into his body.” While he had not seen these individuals, Alexis said he “believes they are two black males and a black female.”

While Newport cops have confirmed that Alexis is the subject of their report, his name has been redacted from the document.

Additionally, Alexis claimed that the voices had forced him to flee two prior hotels, one of which was on Naval Station Newport (where Alexis was apparently set to do contracting work). Alexis refused to tell cops what the voices were saying to him “through the walls, floor and ceiling.”

The unknown individuals, Alexis said, were using “some sort of microwave machine” to send vibrations into his body. Alexis assured cops that he did not have a history of mental illness in his family or any sort of prior “mental episode.”

A Newport patrolman advised Alexis to “stay away from the individuals that are following him” and notify police “if they attempt to make contact with him.”

Alarmed by Alexis’s behavior--and concerned about possible “Naval Base implications”--a Newport police sergeant faxed a copy of the department’s report to naval station police. A Navy cop--whose name is redacted from the Newport Police Department report--advised that they “would follow up on this subject and determine if he is in fact, a naval contractor.”