DOCUMENT: Celebrity

Ledger Died Of Accidental Overdose

Coroner reports 'acute intoxication' led to 28-year-old star's demise

View Document

Ledger Died Of Accidental Overdose

FEBRUARY 6--Heath Ledger died of an accidental drug overdose, according to autopsy findings released today by the New York City medical examiner.

Toxicology tests revealed that the actor's January 22 death resulted from 'acute intoxication' brought about by his ingestion of six separate drugs, according to a press release from the ME's office. Those prescription medications included two sedatives, two painkillers, and two anti-anxiety drugs. 'We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications,' the coroner reported.

Ledger was found dead last month in a rented Manhattan loft. (1 page)

Comments (1)

yippee! honka ! honka !... and now lets hear a round of applause for our fine medical professionals. The bloated Drug Companies and Doctors with vacation homes, swimming pools and yatchts...who will not be held resposible.