Cops: Woman Fired Gun Over Oral Denial

Man jumped from balcony to escape Louisianan

View Document

Baton Rouge Shooting

MAY 22--Angry that a male acquaintance refused to perform oral sex on her, a 19-year-old Louisiana woman fired a shot at the man, prompting him to jump from the second-floor balcony of his Baton Rouge apartment, according to court records.

The victim said he invited Anneisha Speed into his home “due to the two ‘hanging out’ earlier in the day” on May 13, a Baton Rouge Police Department officer noted in a probable cause affidavit.

While in the man’s residence, Speed “asked for oral sex, which victim declined,” the affidavit states. At that point, Speed allegedly “produced” a .40 caliber handgun and “demanded oral sex again stating if he declined she would shoot him.”

The man responded by grabbing Speed’s wrist, which led her to fire the weapon. The round, however, did not strike the victim.

The man then “jumped from the second floor balcony to avoid getting shot at again,” an investigator reported. “The victim stated that while he was fleeing, he heard another shot fired.”

After cops were summoned, the man pointed to Speed and identified her as his assailant. Pictured above, Speed allegedly resisted a patrolman attempting to handcuff her.

A police search of the crime scene (seen below) yielded a spent shell casing and a live .40 caliber round.

After being read her rights, Speed reportedly admitted to taking a Mossberg shotgun and a PlayStation console from the victim’s residence. Both items were recovered from a witness’s apartment.

During a post-arrest search, Speed was found to be in possession of a spent .40 caliber shell casing and two live rounds. “The Defendant admitted to picking up the spent casing because it had her DNA on it,” according to the affidavit, which does not address the whereabouts of the handgun Speed is alleged to have fired.

Speed was charged with multiple felonies, including second-degree attempted murder, illegal discharge of a firearm, and gun theft. She was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison, from which she was subsequently released on $17,000 bond. (2 pages)